I am looking for a fantastic carne asada recipe........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TexCin

Assistant Cook
I love to eat a good carne asada (mexican skirt steak that is grilled). Anyone have a marinade recipe?

Well, the thing is there are no recipes for carne asada, specifically, altogether. Maybe it is just my take of things, but I see it like asking for a good grilled chicken recipe. it's grilled, so all you need is the grill, the bird and whatever else you like on it. But if you're looking for tips I can suggest a few, for a nice Carne Asada:

1.- Make a good fire with coal, newspapers ball, and some fire wood, before you start anything else and put the meet on the grill, only when the flames have gone out and you've reached that red and white looking coal that is really hot.

2.- Use a good steak cut such as sirloin, t-bone, etc, previously marinated with a little sauce. Be it Beer+ mustard & honey(my favourite), barbecue, simply salt and pepper, or whatever but something, 'cause once the meet is cooked and flavourless it will stay flavourless, no matter what you do to it.

3.- DON'T OVER DO IT! . Carne Asada is true, only when it is tender, juicy and still a bit red in the inside. NOT dry and well done, like the sole of a shoe . . .

4.- Get yourself some good "chirmol" (such as Ranchero Sauce, Salsa Campanario, or Old El Paso) for topping the meat when serving, some corn flower tortillas, or bread + garlic butter, guacamol and veggies to garnish the meal.

YUM!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom