I need different variations of Taco filling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mexican mama

Senior Cook
Help! I need to server different kinds of Taco and im running out off fillings: so far i got the beans,meat,beef,veggie and some fruit tacos..any suggestions for more fillings??:chef:

I posted a burrito recipe that usrs bite sized polish sausage or scrambled Italian sausage.. that might work for you Ham, like GB said fish, steak,bacon and eggs potato,onion,beef.
kades

chipotle chocolate and caramel or something like that.
Mexican rice
meatballs and cheese
cold cuts

I posted a burrito recipe that usrs bite sized polish sausage or scrambled Italian sausage.. that might work for you Ham, like GB said fish, steak,bacon and eggs potato,onion,beef.
kades

il try it...sounds yummy and interesting:LOL:

Deep fried dessert taco...

A precooked taco shell (the little ones) stuffed with ice cream, then frozen hard. Batter it and deep fry the whole thing. Serve with powdered sugar. For a twist you could paint the inside of taco shell with chocolate before stuffing...

If you want a knock out presentation you could plate it with some sliced berries and a drizzle of ice cream topping, spig of mint, etc. Alternatively you could serve it state fair style in a piece of waxed paper :)

I cook bulgur with some taco seasonings and sauteed onion and serve it alone or mix it with refried beans.

I've heard of nopalitos, huitlacoche, calabacitas, and sauteed lambsquarters all being used as taco fillings.

Being a vegetarian, when i go out to the restaurants, I get Guacamole tacos ( guacamole + the basics ( lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese, olives ....))

Also, I used to work with a bunch of guys from el salvador and guatemala, and they would bring Potato tacos. Im not exactly sure what that consisted of ( other than the obvious) I never asked unfortunately.

Deep fried dessert taco...

A precooked taco shell (the little ones) stuffed with ice cream, then frozen hard. Batter it and deep fry the whole thing. Serve with powdered sugar. For a twist you could paint the inside of taco shell with chocolate before stuffing...

If you want a knock out presentation you could plate it with some sliced berries and a drizzle of ice cream topping, spig of mint, etc. Alternatively you could serve it state fair style in a piece of waxed paper :)

yum...will try this soon..:chef:

Here in Mexico, tortillas are a "delivery system" for lots of different foods, and are then called a "taco." Similar to sandwiches in the US. Just a few popular and widely available fillings are chicken tinga (shredded chicken with spices), lingua (thinly sliced tongue), many varieties of pork, arrachera (thin sliced marinated steak), birria (stewed goat) and a mix of chorizo and potatoes. You are only limited by your imagination and the availability of ingredients. It's important to note that unless the tacos are billed as "tacos dorado", the tortillas are not fried and crisp, but soft.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom