Ikan Bilis, with peanuts, is a delicious side dish with Malay or Indonesian style Curries and rice and great on its own served along side an ice cold beer.
- 1 Handful of dried Ikan Bilis
- 2 Handfuls of Unsalted Peanuts
- Half a Teaspoon of Chili Powder
- Half a Teaspoon of Curry Powder
- Quarter of a Teaspoon of Turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon of Palm Sugar.
Deep fry dried Ikan Bilis in oil, over a low heat for 5 minutes until crispy. Remove and pat dry on paper towel. Pour out remaining oil and clean the frying pan. Add 2 tablespoons of oil back into the fry pan and gently fry the chili, curry and turmeric powder for a few seconds. Add back in the Ikan Bilis, Peanuts and Palm Sugar. Stir until the ingredients are mixed and both Ikan Bilis and peanuts are well coated.