"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > International Cuisines and Ethnic Cookery
Old 01-23-2006, 12:02 PM   #11
Master Chef
They sell papadams at my local supermarketin the asian section. They also sell them at Trader Joes.

I keep some in my office to microwave for snacks.

I'd be happy to send you some.

jennyema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:36 AM   #12
Master Chef
Well, here we are, and the Indian feast is behind us. It was a huge hit. I made a potato/cauliflower curry (my favorite combination, with whatever vegs are good tossed in) and what I call "golden rice" basmati (where you color part of the rice). My friend brought in all the trimmings, to include pappadams, which were the hit of the party. There were six of us, and at one point I was reading Kipling from a book that is well over 100 years old.
You're a better man than I am .....

Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:56 PM   #13
Master Chef
I can't resist flogging a dead horse one more time. When I got back together with the freinds I threw the dinner for, they raved. One of them is severely debilitated by arthritis (cannot walk or stand, hands deformed and shakes a lot) and is a self conscious about eating in front of others. I left the skewered chicken (which, I'm proud to say, I actually made tandoori from scratch, something I swore I'd never do again) and some bowls of curry over basmati. When she could eat without any of us looking on, she feasted and just loved it all. Score one for the foodies. And yes, I did fry the pappadams, but when I got home tried nuking them. Hubby likes the nuked for health reasons, but have to say, I prefer the oil! 'nuff said about Indian, what should I try next? Actually, next is venison, venison and more venison. Here it is so mild you can do anything with it, but I'm having fun looking up "lovec" and "jaegermeister" recipes anyway! Friend from Chicago brought an extra package of the pappadams so I can enjoy them myself!

Claire is offline   Reply With Quote