ISO authentic recipes using Asian ingredients

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey guys! I just discovered this really cool/authentic Asian market not too far from my house. It's got a lot of stuff that ive never seen before and i want to take advantage of that. They've got everything from sesame flavored soy drinks to huge jars of Kim-chi.

I guess I'm just looking for some delicious, authentic recipes that take advantage of this newfound Asian market. I love Asian food. :)

Thank you!

Mmmmmmm...I haven't had kim-chi in a LONG time...I love that stuff! I used to mix it with my Ramen Noodles (back when I still ate that crap), or just eat it straight out of the jar!

hah yeah its great andy. Its so fun just going there with my friends and looking at all the cool stuff. Fish candy and whatnot haha

Those places are terrific!! And while I have dozens of Asian/Indonesian cookbooks, when I come across an ingredient I'd like to try but have never used before, I usually do a websearch on it. You'd be surprised at the number of recipes & ideas that will come up. Asian cookbooks are another good starting place.

There are so many different Asian ingredients out there that your request is rather impossible to fulfill. How could we possibly guess what it is you want to use?

Just start searching for Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese recipes... both here and on the web!
I am beginning to explore Vietnamese cooking...

Who would have thunk I'd use a quart of FISH SAUCE in less than a lifetime, not to
mention less than 2 months????

Only advice I have is to be adventurous, but don't try anything labelled OLIVE, if
it looks like a light green golf ball. Don't know what they were, but I hear they were
nasty. I didn't try one. LOL!

Oh, try to get friendly with an employee/owner. At one of the local ones here, the owner
just loves to talk recipes!

My favorite Vietnamese ingredient combination is: soy sauce, cilantro, lime juice - LOTS of things can be prepared with these ingredients.

Soba noodles - cooked
Grilled skirt steak
spring onions
chili peppers
soy/lime/cilantro

Toss everything together.

Chicken can replace the skirt steak.

Get a can of lychee nuts for a light dessert. Make a smoothie with the leftover juice.

My local market has actually had some FRESH lychees lately. I haven't gotten any, though.

I can also get 10 quail eggs for $1.59 + tax.

I just saw a package yesterday, of three head-on, 1/2 count Tiger Prawns, in a box for $15.99 + tax.

Back
Top Bottom