ISO Chiles en Nogada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butzie

Assistant Cook
We recently went to Cabo San Lucas and I had this wonderful dish at a restaurant. Does anyone have a recipe for it? My friend in Mexico sent me links to some recipes in Spanish (I speak it very well) but the first one had over 35 ingredients! :ohmy:

Thanks! I was looking for one with bisnaga (candied cactus) and with less than 35 ingredients.

Wow - that looks good!

We have a zillion Tex-Mex restaurants. We also have ones that that specialize in the different cuisines of Mexico.

I'm waiting until September, then calling to see if any of them serve this interesting dish.

Thanks for sharing.

Actually, that is just about a perfect recipe for Chiles en Nogada...I can't offer anything better. I have seen recipes that require you to toast the walnuts and then rub ALL the skin off so that the sauce stays white - sheesh! I have never made it, only eaten it in restaurants, and it is wonderful. Usually served in September for Independence Day, and the three colors (green chiles, white sauce, red pomegranates) symbolize the colors of the Mexican flag. By September, we'll be seeing pomegranates in the stores, so maybe I will try making it this year.

That sounds so wonderful, and completely unlike anything I've ever tried before. It is so pretty! And, the fact that the various components can be frozen certainly is nice!

thanks so much for posting that recipe, JGDean!

can you share some of those recipies over on my authentic mexican food thread, in english?

I am seeking some great authentic mexican recipies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom