ISO help with quesadilla ingredients

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lynan

Sous Chef
I have never made these and I have a group of people who have requested them at lunch tomorrow! I have the flour tortilla's, cooked chicken, cheese...but can you tell me how you like yours? And a favourite salsa to go with them?

I know I will love them given the usual ingredients. Must hunt down some more chiplote in adobo too as I imagine that would go well in a quesadilla.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.:)

you could do anything with quesadillas!
Steak
Chicken
Cilantro
Pepperjack cheese
Beans
Green Chile
Red Chile sauce poured over the top
Guacamole (for dipping)
Salsa
Sour Cream

When I make them in a skillet, I usually butter the tortilla and not the pan. This way it's more even cooking and less like frying.
All this talk is getting me hungry!
Hope your lunch turns out well tomorrow!

I make them with just about anything I have on hand. Sometimes I just use cheese and sprinkle in some spices (or not).

Places I've worked at added chopped tomatoes, chopped lettuce, sliced olive, sliced, sauteed mushrooms, etc. Of course, we were using huge 15" tortillas for these.

Personally, I usually just stick with the cheese and meat items. If you want a really interesting flavor, crumble a little queso fresco (Fresh Mexican-style Farmer's cheese) over the cheese you normally use. Remember queso fresco won't melt. It adds an interseting creamy/salty flavor.

Chipotles in Adobo might over-power the quesadilla. Go easy on that, or just dribble a little of the adobo sauce out of the can into the quesadilla. Or, you can make a salsa and add some Chipotle to the salsa.

Personally, I like to make a Salsa Verde (using tomatillos instead of tomatoes) for chicken or pork quesadillas. I'll dribble a little over the meat as I'm assembling the quesadilla, while it's cooking.

Aside from meat and cheese I add chopped pickled jalapenos, guacamole, sour cream, and taco sauce in some combination depending on my mood.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom