ISO perogi with cottage cheese filling recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, you haven't tasted my DH's homemade sauerkraut. It stays crisp. We make "sauerkraut" pizza. We take a slice of homemade bread, toast it, top it with homemade spaghetti sauce, sauerkraut, and moz. cheese, nuke it for about a minute...one of our favorite "too lazy to cook" lunches/light dinners.

his saukerkraut is really good - I love it for everything else but for some reason - I like the can one for my perogies. - Don't know why ! I probably should try it again maybe it was just me. His makes great pork and kraut dinner, Rubens, and kapusta.
mmm need to make now perogies, kiebasa and kapusta dinner with all this talk of saurkraut.
I do use kapusta sometimes for a filling, thats my moms favorite.

Ah, the crisp sauerkraut is the best. This is what you do to make pirogy fillings.

Lightly squiz the juice out of the cabbage. If there is some it is not a big problem. Sauté some diced onion in a pan, add sauerkraut, salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the cabbage is soft and is somewhat brownish in color.
Put it into fine mash colander, let it drain. You do not want liquid, otherwise it will sip thru, and the filling will come out during cooking. That is just that simple.

Back
Top Bottom