ISO recipe for authentic sweet 'n' sour pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nick,mix tomato sauce, chile sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, water, cornstarch for sauce.
Marinade pork shoulder cubes in a mixture of egg yolk, sesame oil, salt, 5 spice powder and wine (chinese).
Then coat with cornstarch and fry in wok until crispy, drain.
Fry onion in wok,cook then add tomatoes. Add sauce, cook together the pour over pork, mix.

This recipe is truly authentic. Just substitute cubed pork for ground chicken.

Tim Shun Yok Kow

1 lb Ground chicken
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 clove garlic, minced
½ tsp sSalt
¼ tsp pepper
2 Tbs flour
3 Tbs canola oil
1 14 oz can pineapple chunks, in juice
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 bell pepper, julienned
2 Tbs cornstarch
2 Tbs ground ginger
2 Tbs soy sauce
¼ cup vinegar

In a medium bowl, combine egg, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the ground chicken and 2 tablespoons of flour. Roll the chicken into golf ball sized balls.

Heat the canola oil in a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken balls and cook, turning, until brown, about 6 minutes. Remove the chicken balls and drain on paper towels. Drain the oil from the pan, reserving 1 tablespoon.

Drain the juice from the pineapple into a measuring cup; add water to make 1 cup liquid. Add the bouillon cube to the liquid and stir to dissolve. Place the pan over low heat, add the pineapple chunks and bell pepper, and cook for about 2 minutes. Combine the cornstarch, sugar and ginger in a small bowl; stir in the soy sauce and vinegar until smooth. Stir the pineapple juice, then the cornstarch mixture, into the pan, and cook until desired thickness.

Add the chicken balls and stir gently until heated through.

nicklord1 said:
How do you prepare ground ginger i find it so hard .

I buy ground ginger from the market, in the spice aisle.

images%5Cproducts%5C32306.jpg

Now, minced or grated ginger, I make fresh. Remove the skin from an approximate amount of root with a teaspoon, then cut off the skinned piece and mince with a chef's knife or food processor for minced, or use a rasp to grate the amount you need from the skinned root for grated.

Back
Top Bottom