Italian meat balls that were not so Italian.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know, I know meatballs in pasta are not Italian (being married to an italian and like Charlie hacving the luck to have ived in Italy) but they are very good. we don't get them in Italian restaurants in UK either.

When I first serve them to DH he just looked at me askance but he loved them.

I think some of the upset caused to the italian fraternity is the use of the word 'Italian' in front of the meatballs. How about just meatballs with spaghetti to avoid any offence? In any case, they do taste good.

As they are not Italian I don't see it matters whether kosher or otherwise accept to the eaters, and I am grateful for recipes of both variants! I love meatballs of ALL varieties!

- fresh garlic, parsley, grated parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, eggs and a bit of salt, mix all together and then mix in the mince, i use lamb. my bf LOVES these and cannot eat enough

-i then lightly fry them in evoo before i put them in the sauce, just on the outside

Mine exactly except for one variation: I always use fresh garlic, fresh Italian parsely, grated parmesan (the real thing, NOT the box) and eggs, but I use fresh Italian seasoned bread crumbs. The meat is always 3 parts ground beef, 1 part hot Italian sausage removed from the casing. Saute in olive oil til browned then simmer in the sauce. The Italian sausage makes all the difference in the world.
AWESOME!!!

There are so many types of meatballs, Swedish, Russian, etc. and just plain ole meatballs. Using Italian sausage, parmesan cheese, garlic and Italian type seasonings like oregano, basil, thyme etc. makes the meatballs "Italian."

Meatballs coupled with pasta are extremely common here in America. They go hand in hand. All Italian restaurants serve them that way. Or you can opt to have the pasta with Italian sausages or not.

Last edited:
There are a lot of dishes that are called ............. Add whatever country you wish, that nobody in that country ever heard of. But you know what we love them here, and that is what we call them here. And that is how we are going to eat them. Yum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom