Japanese Spring Chirashi-Zushi
Here's another Japanese Sushi Recipe called Spring Chirashi Zushi. We usually make this during spring, but anytime is fine if you have a party or a family gathering. You can use this as a guide and you can add your favorites to it.
☆ 3 cups rice
☆ 300 g hard-shell clam
☆ 1 bunch rape blossom
☆ 2 Japanese ginger (MIO-GA)
☆ 3 tbsp white sesame
☆ 3 tbsp sake
☆ 3 tbsp rice vinegar
☆ 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
☆ 1 tsp salt
1. Mix the ingredients for "A", set aside.
2. Wash the rice 30min prior to cooking, and drain on a sieve.
3. Soak the clam in salted water for about 30min to allow them to expel sand. Wash the clam well with scrub brush.
4. Put the 200cc water and sake in a pot, and bring to boil. Add the clam and simmer until shell have fully opened, remove the clam, and keep broth, set aside.
5. Put the rice into rice cooker, add the broth and water make 3 cups. and cook.
6. Boil the rape blossom and cut the 2-3 cm lengths, and cut the Japanese ginger Mio-ga into fine strips.
7. When cooked rice, transfer the rice to wooden sushi bowl, and sprinkle the "A" all over the rice, toss the rice with horizontal cutting strokes with cooling rice. When cool, mix it with rape blossom, japanese ginger, clam, and white sesame.
8. Place the everything in a serving vessel, and decorate the surface with rape blossom, japanese ginger (Mio-ga), and clam.
This Recipes Serves 4 people. There you have it. Hope you enjoy this, until next time let’s cook together. 次回は一緒に作りましょう～^^/~~