Kimchee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations! You're brave. I have, after many moons of traveling and trying to cook different cuisines, learned to NOT do what you did, that is compete at all! I'm a coward! If my spouse (boyfriend in old days) mother, my foreign-born friends cook, I will always ask THEM to cook their cuisine for me or teach me, but never tread on their turf!

My kimchee turned out great for what I was aiming. I only do it once or twice a year, and in this case I was making it for kimchee novices. Well, one recipient told me she'd never tasted it before and LOVED it! yes, mine is a milder version than some, but it sure was a hit. One thing that, given how many batches I've made in my life, I should remember, is that I forget how much it reduces once it's been salted and "bled'. 4 heads of napa supplemented with a half head of another kind of cabbage (sorry, brain fart, the crinkly cabbage) came to two and a half mason jars of kimchee! It is already almost gone and my friends are salivating for more.

Oh, p.s., a neighbor who is Vietnamese-American's mother is visiting next month. She and I like each other (we're about the same age), and I'm going to ask her to teach me how to make her fantastic spring rolls!

I am now an AWARD WINNING kimchi fermenter, LOL!
Tied for 3rd place, got a $50 gift certificate to the store.
Not bad for the only non Oriental entrant that I could tell.
(And the only winner who had to show their ID, hahahahahaaha!)
Congratulations!
GrillingFool, do you want to share a little about your batch of winning kimchi?

Back
Top Bottom