"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > International Cuisines and Ethnic Cookery

Old 03-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #21
Assistant Cook

I was born Italy, in Emilia, the heart of Italian pastas!
I say 100% Italian as Lasagne is the name we give to the sheets of pasta that then you can cook in several ways.
The classic Lasagne al ragu' (what you know as bolognese sauce) are those prepared with ragu', bechamel and parmesan.

Probably in the past, as for most of the dishes, there were similar ancestors around the world.. but what we know as Lasagna today, the dish widely spread, is totally Italian :)

Old 03-30-2011, 11:24 AM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
Um, you all realize this thread was originally from 7/03?

Craig
So-if threads are old, one isn't supposed to ask any questions or post anything using the old thread? This is something I've wondered about...

Old 03-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #23
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
So-if threads are old, one isn't supposed to ask any questions or post anything using the old thread? This is something I've wondered about...
Some of the replies were directed at the OP. If you look at his profile, you will see that the last recent post he made was in '05. Kinda makes you think he hasn't been around for awhile.

Craig
Old 03-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #24
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
Some of the replies were directed at the OP. If you look at his profile, you will see that the last recent post he made was in '05. Kinda makes you think he hasn't been around for awhile.

Craig
you don't mean the Oldcoot is......... well like the monty python sketch in the pet shop featuring a stuffed parrot?
Old 03-30-2011, 11:50 AM   #25
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillondon View Post
I was born Italy, in Emilia, the heart of Italian pastas!
I say 100% Italian as Lasagne is the name we give to the sheets of pasta that then you can cook in several ways.
The classic Lasagne al ragu' (what you know as bolognese sauce) are those prepared with ragu', bechamel and parmesan.

Probably in the past, as for most of the dishes, there were similar ancestors around the world.. but what we know as Lasagna today, the dish widely spread, is totally Italian :)
Next you will claim that Marco Polo was Italian, when as every Croation knows he was born on the Croatian island of Korcula
Old 03-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #26
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
you don't mean the Oldcoot is......... well like the monty python sketch in the pet shop featuring a stuffed parrot?
I meant not around the board, not that he just isn't around anymore. I prefered Benny Hill over Monty Python! Don't see anyone naming their ball python (that's royal python in your neck of the woods) Benny!

Craig
Old 03-30-2011, 11:57 AM   #27
Assistant Cook

Even though his birthplace is not sure, he was Italian, no matter where he was born!
And he probably brought spaghetti from China.. then perfected in Italy and made famous :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61129805@N02
fillondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #28
Master Chef

I don't like lasagna either it is British or Italian. And I am sure anyways that somebody else somewhere in the world have had the simular dish anyways. I make pretty mean vegetable lasagna.

Tags
None