Lost curry recipe, please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

my_psychosis

Senior Cook
I don't know if anybody can help but thought I'd ask. I got an Indian curry recipe of the net last week. I went and bought the ingredients and today I was going over everything. I've never made or even tasted curry before so I was nervous. I found that I somehow lost half the recipe. :( Any way I was hoping somebody could give me an idea what to do. Here is what I got.
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1 tbsp fresh ginger
  • 1green chili, seeded
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric
  • 1/2 tsp coriander
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp curry
  • 1/2 cauliflower, chopped
  • 1 cup green beans
  • 1 carrot, sliced
  • 1 zucchini, sliced
  • 1 cup coconut milk
PREPARATION:

Process the onion, garlic, ginger and chili in a food processor until smooth. In a large skillet, heat the onion mixture and spices along with the oil and spices. Allow to cook for a minute or two, stirring frequently
---------------

Now what? Would appreciate any help. As I said Ive never made curry so I'm completely lost. Thank you. :)

You are very welcome! What I did was copy the first sentence in your instructions into Google - took 2 clicks but there it was!

My Psycho,

It looks like it may be a northern indian recipe because you could sub & adjust a few ingredients and end up with a FANTASTIC Nepali Curry.

I suggest you check out Nepal Curry Recipies from other web sites and see what commonalities apply between ingredients, proportion and cooking process.

My Psycho,

It looks like it may be a northern indian recipe because you could sub & adjust a few ingredients and end up with a FANTASTIC Nepali Curry.

I suggest you check out Nepal Curry Recipies from other web sites and see what commonalities apply between ingredients, proportion and cooking process.

:LOL: See Post #2.

My Psycho,

:ROFLMAO:
I suggest it is more South Indian, the coconut milk gives it away, and it is a vegetarian dish (with odd veg for Indian curry). I suspect it is a made up recipe, as it is very general, though, if cooked properly would probably satisfy. Leave out the curry powder (or is that curry leaves (very S Indian!):ermm:

Maybe they substituted the traditional Indian veggies for more common ones found in local grocery stores? Dunno, but I wonder how it would be if you removed all the veggies and instead used peas and tofu?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom