Maple Things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WARNING! THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU: I've been spoiled by using TJ's maple syrup for many years (expensive but good price compared to other brands, and very good quality). I can no longer stand the goop they serve at Denny's and places of that ilk, nor can I stomach cheap commercial "maple flavored" syrups.
ok so ya got a link sweetie? :rolleyes:

I have been caring for my grandson weekdays since he was 3 months old. When he started eating hot oatmeal, I flavored it with maple syrup. Same for waffles and pancakes. I want him to know the best rather than getting accustomed to imitations.

Between the two of us, I go through quite a bit of syrup even though we don't glug it on in large quantities. Costco always offers it. I had been buying it in half gallons for the quart price in the supermarkets but the last bottle was really expensive.

I have some really great maple syrups from quebec. I cant believe nobody mentioned maple salmon yet! Thats one of my favorites, marinate salmon for 2 hours in some syrup, soy sauce, black pepper, and roughly chopped rosemary. Its one of my favorite ways to eat salmon. There is also a lady who makes fudge at my local farmers market and she makes the worlds best maple fudge, its so so good. I make it a point to buy a slab everytime i go.

I have some really great maple syrups from quebec. I cant believe nobody mentioned maple salmon yet! Thats one of my favorites, marinate salmon for 2 hours in some syrup, soy sauce, black pepper, and roughly chopped rosemary. Its one of my favorite ways to eat salmon. There is also a lady who makes fudge at my local farmers market and she makes the worlds best maple fudge, its so so good. I make it a point to buy a slab everytime i go.
the fudge sounds yummy.

do you ever make your salmon with maple and tarragon? if so there is a tarragon thread you may want to post in.

Yeah, TJ's is Trader Joes. They sell several varieties of maple syrup. We buy the Grade A from Quebec. Not sure of the price, but I think it's about $4.50 for a 12.5 ounce bottle.

the fudge sounds yummy.

do you ever make your salmon with maple and tarragon? if so there is a tarragon thread you may want to post in.

The fudge really is to die for. I have not made maple tarragon salmon but that sounds really good! I'll definetly try that next time I make salmon

The fudge really is to die for. I have not made maple tarragon salmon but that sounds really good! I'll definetly try that next time I make salmon
cool!! i am strange about the kinds of fish i eat. i am a fish eating fish hater. i love clams on the half shell figure that one out. LOL and i do eat other fish mostly white flesh cod and flounder. salmon sometimes. my little girl loves all kinds of fish and sushi. older is a little picker about fish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom