Metallic Baked Taco Rack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I worked in a Mexican barroom in Texas, Mama Lupe' had a 12 slot one. Put the tacos on, lower into the fat and it was done in seconds. :angel:

Thanks Addie, but I'm trying to avoid frying them in oil although they do taste a lot better fried. I have an unused deep fryer (Cuisinart?) but am loathe to dedicate that much oil and am too lazy to drain it, clean it etc. Plus no counter top space in my apartment kitchen.

Of course in the winter I could just keep it in the outdoor storage cabinet---- but summer----- rancid.

Since you want the flavor of the deep frying but are loathe to use your deep fryer, try spraying the tacos with oil and then place over the taco rack and bake them that way. Better flavor than plain and less calories than deep fried. :angel:

Another way that the Internet says to do this is to drape the tortillas over two of the bars on the oven rack. That would be even better because it gives a wider bottom to the taco shell----- but wouldn't that make the bars become goo-ed up?

Bake Tortillas Into Hard Taco Shells on Your Oven Rack

We do that quite often. They make a great stand up taco. I brush both sides with evoo and put them on the grills of a 400F oven for about 5 minutes. What ever sticks to the grills wipes off very easy with a wet paper towel.
I put an empty cookie tray under them as they drip a bit.

O.K.---- that's enough for me to not buy that taco stand and just oven fry them using the racks.

'Just ask the experts' is always a good idea!

I like the idea of the taco bowl. You could serve a salad in one and then eat the taco. :angel:

A local restaurant serves a Chicken Fajita Salad in a taco bowl. They give you sides of salsa and sour cream, and after I'm finished with the salad I dip pieces of the bowl in the salsa and sour cream. Yum!

Back
Top Bottom