My Asian Style Cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Give a short explanation of how the rice paper is used in wrapping sweets. I presume you mean the paper is incorporated into the sweet and the paper + sweet is eaten. Are their cooking steps involved?

Once we have the basic idea of how the papers are used we can start coming up with some ideas for making savories, like perhaps appetizers. I've done a lot of Asian cooking and I often grab ideas from various other recipes and incorporate them in new recipes.

Give a short explanation of how the rice paper is used in wrapping sweets. I presume you mean the paper is incorporated into the sweet and the paper + sweet is eaten. Are their cooking steps involved?

Once we have the basic idea of how the papers are used we can start coming up with some ideas for making savories, like perhaps appetizers. I've done a lot of Asian cooking and I often grab ideas from various other recipes and incorporate them in new recipes.

It's wrapped around the sweets and eaten with it. It melts in your mouth, kinda cool. I ate a sheet. I was bored lol!

Here's a link to what White Rabbit sweets are

White Rabbit

Last edited:
I haven't seen anything like that in my local Asian markets, although the vast array of foods is so complex there's probably thousands of things I've walked past without seeing.

So I think you should make some sort of savory appetizer.

I have never seen White Rabbit in a grocery store, but I did see them in a Chinese convenience store. They are kind of ho hum, sweet.

My kids love White Rabbit candy :)
Maybe I should try some savoury wrapped foods but what?!
French nougat is also wrapped in rice paper.

Last edited:
Condensed milk...YUM!! I like them already?

This is what they look like, you might just spot some in an Asian supermarket :)

i_white_rabbit_candy.jpg

Cool, thanks Snip :)

Cant say I have seen them anywhere....but have not been to any asian supermarkets lately...this could be why ;)

They do sound nice :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom