My first Tagine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robo410

Executive Chef
Moderator Emeritus
So being a cookware freak, and loving ethnic foods, and my favorite middle eastern resaurant has closed (chef retired and took his recipes home) I had no choice but to do it myself. I have the cookbook The Arab Table and made kaftas, but used a tagine so after I browned each little meatloaf I made the tomato sauce and put squash and carrots in the bottom with the meat, put the cone on top and let it simmer. I opened it to serve!

THe spicing was wonderful,(cinnamon, cardamom, coriander, pepper, garlic, onion) almost a tomato and lamb curry, but not quite that Indian...more meaty less "perfume". The veggies were awsome cooked in the broth. served all over couscous. It was easy, and fun to delve into uncharted area. THank you chef for introducing me to your cuisine, peace in your retirement, I will think of you often as I try more on my own.

I had a fearless guest to make sure it was edible, and she polished off the dish in no time flat. Guess it was good. :chef: Yeh, I got the le creuset tagine...stove top or oven or grill/camp fire. did mine stove top tonight.

Tagines (the dish, not the cookware) are fantastic, although I do have a special liking for using fruit in savoury dishes.

I love a tagine made with lamb, raisins, almonds and honey.

Haggis, that's a traditional Morrocan lamb tagine...add artichokes too!! that's my next go at the cuisine.

I have just obtained my first and I repeat "my first", tagine. I love it more than my house, my husband, my cats..well maybe not the cats! Mine came from...tagines.com. Check out the site, you'll fall in love all over again.

Back
Top Bottom