My foray into Spanish Paella

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I have no idea what I was doing here, trying to combine two recipies with glaring differences and make something I haven't even seen before, but that doesn't mean I can't snap pics along the way :rolleyes:
A pacanis paella pictorial ;)

Attachments

• 2sausage.jpg
    2sausage.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 497
  • 3chicken.jpg
    3chicken.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 232
  • 4veggies and paste.jpg
    4veggies and paste.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 237
  • 5rice.jpg
    5rice.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 240
  • 6broth and meat.jpg
    6broth and meat.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 245
  • 7shrimp and mussels.jpg
    7shrimp and mussels.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 281
  • 9done.jpg
    9done.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 249
  • 10served.jpg
    10served.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 247
Oh that looks wonderful.......excuse me I am off too find a last minute flight to PA. There will be leftovers right? On my way..........

Plenty of rice with socarrat left over... maybe a little chicken and chorizo... ;)

Hey I love the way you presented your dish. Now, are the veggies canned? Also, do the shrimp have any seasoning? Your dish also reminds me of a gumbo. It looks so great!

Thanks again everyone.

Hey I love the way you presented your dish. Now, are the veggies canned? Also, do the shrimp have any seasoning? Your dish also reminds me of a gumbo. It looks so great!
Frozen mixed veggies and the shrimp themselves just had salt on them, but the whole dish is seasoned and has a lot going on, so the shrimp picked up the flavors of the dish.

"Looks fantastic, pac. How long did it cook before you added the shell fish?
I cooked it about ten minutes after adding the chicken broth to the veggies and rice, then after the chorizo and sausage were put back in I simmered it about ten minutes more, then added the seafood and simmered it about eight minutes (until I saw some shells starting to open), then took it off the heat, covered it and let it rest for fifteen minutes.

Wow, that looks fantastic!

You're even using words I'll have to google..

I'm still wonder what "PPP" means :LOL:

Thanks TL. It was.

I loved the chorizo sausage. I don't know how authentic Giant Eagle's was, but it was delicious. So I not only made something I haven't made before, I found another food I liked.

I think I'll turn some of it into fried rice for lunch.

Oh, duh. (slapping myself on the head) :wacko:
Thanks GG.

and, last year there was that most memorable pppc of yours, (pac's personal pigskin challenge)--a delightful succession of sunday food creations, enormously popular with many of us dcers, and quite independent of anyone's football affiliations. (go ravens)
pac, i love this paella dish of yours, every step of the way.:yum: and then too, there's this fondness of mine for the use of alliteration....

Last edited:
Thank you :)

And Vit, you learnt me a new word today ;)

merely a return favor for your 'socarrat'.:)

btw, i used chorizo in a dish last week as a first time impulsive add-on. it really perked up the sc meatball stew i was making. now i am looking for more easy recipes using chorizo.:)

SC meatball stew? I think some of us will be needing a recipe for that.

Back
Top Bottom