"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > International Cuisines and Ethnic Cookery
Old 03-29-2010, 02:57 AM   #1
Senior Cook
Need TNT Curry Chicken recipe

My wife and I love curry dishes but she doesn't eat spicy food. I'm looking for a delicious chicken curry to try that meets these requirements. Our favorite recipes usually have coconut and peanut flavors too. We like it saucy too.

-not spicy

I think that curry chicken might be a specific recipe but I'm using it in a more generic way.

Mr_Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:46 AM   #2
Flour Child
I prefer foods that aren't too spicy as well, Mr_Dove. I would therefore just keep it simple.

Make a basic white sauce using 1T butter, 1/2 to 1T of flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, 1Cup milk....add 1/2 tsp curry powder (actually, add that witth the flour first) and then stir in the chicken. Adjust the milk as to how thin or thick you want it. I like to serve this over white Jasmine rice with choices of condiments like chopped peanuts, coconut, and raisins to sprinkle on top.

I haven't had this in ages so thankyou for the reminder and nice to meet you Mr_Dove.

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef
Mr. Dove, I've use this recipe with different meats. For 'no heat' leave out the chiles.

1 Lb Boneless Pork Loin
2 Tb Soy Sauce
1 Tb Dark Soy Sauce
2 Tb Oyster Sauce
1 Tb Corn Starch
3 Tb Peanut Oil
3-4 Ea Dried Chinese Chile Peppers
2 Cl Garlic, minced
1 Tb Ginger, minced
2˝ Tb Sweet Curry Powder
1˝ C Mushrooms, sliced
1 Ea Onion, cut up
1 C Water Chestnuts, sliced
1 C Coconut Milk
TT Salt

Slice the pork into thin strips and combine with the soy sauces, the oyster sauce and the corn starch in a bowl and marinate, refrigerated, for at least 30 minutes.

Heat the oil in a wok or skillet and stir-fry the pork until done. Remove to a plate.

Add the dried chilies and sauté for several minutes.

Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and stir-fry over medium heat until the garlic and ginger are fragrant and the curry has darkened.

Add the mushroom and onions and stir-fry until done.

Add the reserved pork and accumulated juices, water chestnuts and the coconut milk and simmer for several minutes.

Season to taste.

Serve over rice.

Note: The meat and the vegetables can be varied according to your preference.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote