Pasta Grannies - Lasagna Competition.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I enjoyed that - thanks for sharing. If I changed my lasagna, I'd have to give it a different name [emoji38] DH loves my lasagna.

I like the idea of the one with the short pasta, meatballs in sauce and fresh mozzarella. I was surprised that the granny who made lasagna with pesto didn't make her own pesto, though! :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

I enjoyed that - thanks for sharing. If I changed my lasagna, I'd have to give it a different name [emoji38] DH loves my lasagna.

I like the idea of the one with the short pasta, meatballs in sauce and fresh mozzarella. I was surprised that the granny who made lasagna with pesto didn't make her own pesto, though! :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, she didn't make her pasta either, only her bechamel. I guess it's easy to get good pesto and fresh pasta in Italy. ;)

Interesting that none of the lasagnas included ricotta.

Growing up, always thought Ricotta was mandatory since I had never came across a lasagna without it.

I remember reading a recipe posted here that was a lasagna made with the lasagna noodles and a layer of a Bolognese sauce mixed with a Bechamel sauce.

That seemed a little untraditional to me.
I made a vegetarian version, and it actually turned out really good.
In fact, coincidently, my wife asked if I could make it again just the other day.

I’ve been making a modified version of Luca Lazzari’s lasagna. I never ate lasagna as I don’t care for ricotta. I love Luca’s recipe. It’s not vegetarian.

I’ve been making a modified version of Luca Lazzari’s lasagna. I never ate lasagna as I don’t care for ricotta. I love Luca’s recipe. It’s not vegetarian.

I've modified it to be vegetarian ( and even vegan for my wife).
It was a challenge , but she asked for me to make it again, so I must have done something right :)

I'm one of the few here who likes ricotta in eggplant parmesan and lasagna. But not a mile high of it. :LOL:

I don't think you're one of the few, Cheryl. I think we're just less vocal about it ;)

My ricotta layer is made with an egg, fresh basil, parsley, salt and pepper, so it's neither bland nor mushy. I dot the meat sauce layer with dollops of ricotta, so it's not a mile high, either [emoji2] The meat sauce is my favorite part :yum:

I don't think you're one of the few, Cheryl. I think we're just less vocal about it ;)

My ricotta layer is made with an egg, fresh basil, parsley, salt and pepper, so it's neither bland nor mushy. I dot the meat sauce layer with dollops of ricotta, so it's not a mile high, either [emoji2] The meat sauce is my favorite part :yum:

:) I don't make my own ricotta but I do pretty much the same thing with the store bought...stir it up, herb it, season it, and dollop here and there. :LOL:

Now I am really craving lasagna and/or eggplant parm. :yum:

Hi folks! Having read your posts, I'd like to make one or two suggestions, which I posted way back. These are fillings that can be used for lasagne, tortiglioni and cannelloni:

Filling 1:

For the filling

1kg spinach
400g ricotta
2 eggs
4 spoonful Grana Padana
Nutmeg
salt and pepper

For the sauce:

30g butter
100g emmental cheese
1 cup of bechamel

Recipe 2:

Make the pasta as follows:

200g flour (strong flour)
2 eggs
salt

Make up the pasta in the usual way.

Filling:

150g ground beef
150g sausage meat, ground
200g ricotta
500g spinach
400g canned tomatoes without skin
4 large spoonfuls grated Grana padana cheese/parmesan cheese, although Grana Padana is best
1 clove garlic (1 large or two smaller ones)
4 dessert spoonsful Olive oil

for the sauce:

50g flour
80g butter
80g butter
1/2 litre milk
nutmeg, salt.

From the above, you will be able to work out how the sauces go.

The meat ragù is straight forward, as is the bèchamel sauce, which will be the topping for the dish.

These are two classic recipes. I urge you to try them, because they are very suitable for oven-baked pasta dishes.

Sometimes it's a good idea to stick with the good old, tried and tested recipes, and these are such two.

Food for thought, don't you think?

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Oh my gosh. I'm watching this and they make lasagna with pasta/noodles of a sort. And I am remembering there was a person here, on this forum, who got into a huge fight with me when I suggested that one can do just that, use noodles instead of sheets. I wish, she was still here, I wish she was not kicked out from this board so I can prove that I was right.:chef:

I'sn't written in stone that you have to use what I posted for only cannelloni or lasagne - use your imagination and get going with your own version.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Thank you. I am not the only person on earth who doesn't like ricotta.

Back
Top Bottom