Patatas Bravas - Brave Spicy Potato Chunks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can see that you are quite a Globe Trotter with wings and wheels ...

Thanks for the message. Yes, I have work projects in Barcelona and Girona, and the Costa Brava towns in journalism sector.

I enjoy Mallorca, however, I truly do prefer Italia, Sardegna and The Adriatic Coast. My paternal family were natives of Milano.

I had come over to Madrid due to a professional offer I could not turn down several years ago, however, I fly over to Italia every chance I can, as it is my home and my cuisine.

Cintrano: My surname hails from SINATRA AND SINTRA, PORTUGAL; thus during the navigators; Vasco di Gama and Marco Polo spice routes and exploration of the East Indies, my name was formed. However, when my paternal Grandmom Margherite relocated over to NYC, the Immigration Officer spelt it with a C instead of a S ( Sintrano ). So, this is the history.
Have a nice day.
Kind regards.
Margi Cintrano
Ah Marco Polo the Croatian from Korcula,I worked for a short time in 1979 looking for shepherds in NW Sardinia.I used to stay at the hotel Sintra Estoril when I liked watching car racing. Have you ever been to Hvar ? my wife's family are fishermen and they and the restaurant owners love the Italians because they pay through their noses for Scorfano and Pulpo.I did a lot of business in Mussolente so I am happier in the north.
Nice talking to you.:)

I cook with white beans mostly. Boston Baked Beans, Beans and ham hocks, baby lima beans, etc. Although I do like a dish of kidney beans every so often.

@ Bolas: Shepherds in NW Sardinia

Firstly, good morning.

I adore aged Fiore Sardo Pecorino produced in the mountains of Sardinia. As a matter of fact, there is an amazing historical traditional small group of families who still produce. We know one of families quite well. It is a small world and this family is distantly related to some people we had known years ago through my Grandmother in Manhattan who had a Trattoria.

I am uncertain, which islands you are referring to. I had been to Ischia off Napoli coast years ago as well as Amalfi Coast and then, in 2010 I was in Salina off Sicilia, and Sicilia. We have good friends in Palermo, Sicilia who are Restaurateurs and Chefs, and had taken a mini vacation there with friends who came to visit us from South Miami Beach and had never been to Italy so Sicily was 1st stop.

I have never been to Croatia however, I know Greece and its´ islands -- over the years, we have gone to Corfu, as it is very close to where we have a home on the Adriatic, a ferry from Bari ( Puglia ) Port, is a 55 - 60 minute trip.

Which islands are you referring to ?

Well, have a lovely day and Valentine´s with your lady.

M.C.

Last edited:
Yes, your Photo Bucket Photos Are Lovely

Thanks. Truly lovely fotos and needless to say, it looks splendid ... The sea, the gardens and needless to say, the Gastronomic Products.

JOHN DORY fish ! Very popular in Barcelona and Costa Brava too.

It looks like a Mediterranean mecca.

MC.

Ahhhh Barcelona pic from the Ramblas 21112008104.jpg

21112008105.jpg

21112008106.jpg

21112008107.jpg

Hi HistoricFoodie!

Thanks for posting the book recommendation. I'll lay odds on any of your book recommendations are well worth the price paid. I can't wait to receive it from Amazon :)

Thanks!
Dan
I recieved my cookbook today, I am excited! Between my new ccokbook, Margi and my love for Iberico jamon...I am ready to explore Spain (from a location in Northern Illinois)

Hooray!

Dan

@ Gone Fishin Dan: See Martin Sheen Film ?

@ Gone Fishin, Dear Dan,

You would enjoy THE SANTIAGO WAY directed and produced and lead by Martin Sheen who is Galician American. It is about a 62 yr old eye doctor in Calif who goes to Navarra Pyrenees, to verify that his son ( 40 ) had died. He decides to take the Ancient Pilgrim´s Walk to SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA ...
A truly wonderful account of 4 people from 4 distinct countries who meet on this walk, and are all doing this walk for different reasons; Martin to deal with the death of his son, another with a writer´s block issue, another in mid crisis and another divorced recently ... fab scenery and photography of GALICIA and other parts of NORTHERN SPAIN. U shall love the Parador scene - the 1499 oldest hotel and gastro goodies at table ...

MARGI.

@ Gone Fishin, Dear Dan,

You would enjoy THE SANTIAGO WAY directed and produced and lead by Martin Sheen who is Galician American. It is about a 62 yr old eye doctor in Calif who goes to Navarra Pyrenees, to verify that his son ( 40 ) had died. He decides to take the Ancient Pilgrim´s Walk to SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA ...
A truly wonderful account of 4 people from 4 distinct countries who meet on this walk, and are all doing this walk for different reasons; Martin to deal with the death of his son, another with a writer´s block issue, another in mid crisis and another divorced recently ... fab scenery and photography of GALICIA and other parts of NORTHERN SPAIN. U shall love the Parador scene - the 1499 oldest hotel and gastro goodies at table ...

MARGI.

I will check it out, thanks!

Have a great weekend all!

Dan

@ Dan Gone Fishin: Check out Octopus Tapa

Buenas Tardes Dan,

Check out post on Tapa: Galician Octopus, as I put up the recipe however, I did not start the thread, and so I just had given my input on simplifying ... Yum ...

Good to see you here with this community.

Kindest.
Margaux Cintrano.

Back
Top Bottom