Peru Green Spaghetti

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not saying this is Peruvian, but have you ever tried Green Zebra Tomatoes? They are an heirloom variety, green with faint yellow stripes, and a wonderful sweet flavor and tender texture. I (grew them) made a wonderful green tomato sauce with them, roasting them with basil and garlic and olive oil then pureeing the lot. OMG ... delish and a great color too!

okay... you don't know what you're talking about... it's not PESTO sauce and it doesn't have tomatoes (green or red) at all.... its spinach.

Oh, great, chocaloca! I'm still interested in making this!

Would you post your recipe for it, please?

Lee

I plan to try these two.....:chef:
2 heads romaine lettuce
2 bunches of FRESH cilantro
5 FRESH Jalapeno or Serrano chilies, seeded
1/4 cup mayonaise
1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil (I use vegetable)
1/3 of an onion
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
Combine ingredients in a blender. Add small amounts of water if it sticks and gets too thick to blend

Aji Verde Sauce Recipe

Ingredients:
3/4 cup fresh cilantro
1/3 cup Cotija Cheese
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup water
2 to 3 jalapenos, stemmed, seeded, and diced (keep the seeds if heat is desired)
1 clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions:
1) Puree the cilantro, cheese, olive oil, water, jalapenos, garlic, vinegar, and salt in a blender until smooth.

i know this thread is old but thought i'd come back with an update. I still havent tried any of the recipes yet but def plan on trying 1 today. I spoke to x-sil lastnight and this is what she told me but no measurements.

spinach
basil (a little more than the spinach)
cream cheese
a little water

Blend the above ingredients together then fry in pan with lots of garlic, when spaghetti is ready toss in with sauce and thats it.

its very vague but we'll see what happens.

I'm guessing def add s&p and when frying with garlic i'm guessing some evoo. She said to taste to make sure its good because too much basil and it will be sour.

Will let you guys know how it goes.

Thank you all for the recipe suggestions.

Did anyone else give any of the above recipes a go?

Back
Top Bottom