Pho real

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Falkon

Assistant Cook
Hey, I'm looking for a good recipe for Pho Tai or Pho Bo, the Vietnamese noodle soup. There is a great Vietnamese restaurant in my area, and I love their Pho. Tasting it, I know there is some sort of beef broth, rice noodles, scallions, white onions, thinly sliced beef, star anise, and cilantro.

Also, where would I get star anise and what kind of beef would be used? Also, what kind of sprouts are normally in Vietnamese and Thai food?

Thanks

You should be able to find star anise in any Asian market. Most grocery stores carry them also now.

As far as I know bean sprouts are in a lot of these soups and dishes.

Someone will come along with a tried and true recipe - I would just have to search for one on the Internet.

Okay, I've got what I need from the Asian market. I just used a pad thai recipe posted here and MAN, this is GOOD! It's just like what I get at my favorite thai restaurant, only really hot, because I put a good amount of ground red chile in there.

Now, I have to make some Pho Bo. I wasn't sure if I could use a ready made beef broth or whether there was another way that had to be used. I'm tellin' ya though, the greatness of Pho comes from those scallions and cilantro that really kick up the flavor. I like mine with fresh bean sprouts and thai basil as well.

I'm so glad you found us useful for something :LOL: If you perfect that pho bo dish you better come back here and tell us how you did it!

I have gotten so many recipes off here that are now a part of my holiday traditions and part of my well, simply "eating" tradition"!!!! And one tonight will certainly be part of my "collection".

Back
Top Bottom