"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > International Cuisines and Ethnic Cookery
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2016, 08:31 AM   #1
Cook

Pineapple curry

I have posted curry recipes on this forum before. I have been to India and here I have done banquets using my own recipes tailored more to European tastes. I went shopping today and there was a special offer on Pineapple. I am making a curry tonight and jokingly said I might make a Pineapple curry.

BUT? Has anyone ever heard or experimented in this area?

otuatail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 08:56 AM   #2
Head Chef

There is a lovely Sri Lankan recipe for pineapple curry, but you cant dull it down for European palates because then the balance is off.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:05 AM   #3
Executive Chef

Wow! I just googled Pineapple Curry and it is amazing the recipes that pop up!

And they ALL sound delish! Squash, shrimp, chicken, coconut, pork, sweet potato....

not sure I have any pineapple in the cupboard. might have to dash for the grocer.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #4
Cook

There is a lovely Sri Lankan recipe for pineapple curry, but you cant dull it down for European palates because then the balance is off.

One does need to clarify this statement does one?

An intelligent person would not put another person down without giving a GOOD rational reason for it. If someone was in some way ignorant of an ethnic quality then one should explain ones self.
Old 11-12-2016, 03:53 PM   #5
Cook

Sorry Cake Pot
These Chef's disagree

Sri Lankan Pineapple Curry Recipe - Food.com

Thai squash & pineapple curry | BBC Good Food

Sweet & hot prawn & pineapple curry | BBC Good Food

Thai Curry is a sweet hot cuury
Old 11-12-2016, 04:21 PM   #6
Executive Chef

otuatail, this is a friendly place where people can agree or dis-agree without being snarky. Because in cooking there is rarely a right or wrong. Just individual tastes and thoughts.

We all make spelling mistakes and easily mis-read something also don't mean to embarrass you but.. her name is CakePoet.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:23 AM   #7
Cook

Yes but you don't just tell someone your wrong without telling that person the reason why. the balance is off is not a constructive comment. I stated that I had been to India and I was good at this. I have posted some of my curries on this website that were very appreciated. I would have thought the owner of the reply might expand on the reply.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:29 AM   #8
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Not everyone in this conversation is fluent in English. Please take note of this and attempt to be friendly, not confrontational. An opinion was given, no one told you you were wrong.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:12 AM   #9
Head Chef

No my computer crashed and I been struggling all weekend with problems, I thought it had posted the link too, but it hadnt and yes I am dyslexic , yes I am Swedish, svenska är mitt första språk.

Please dont take everything a threat, please. There can be other reason the comment isnt overflowning with compliments.

There is a lovely Sri Lankan recipe for pineapple curry, but you cant dull it down for European palates because then the balance is off. Due to the sweetness of the pineapple, you need to keep a balance of the spices.

Pineapple curry : Sri Lanka Recipes : Malini's Kitchen

Tags
apple, curry, pineapple