Pizza Toppings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some of my favorites:
Hawaiian: Sweat and sour sauce, pineapple, Canadian bacon, and mozzarella
BBQ Chicken Pizza: BBQ sauce, chunk Chicken, red onion, Monterey jack and cheddar
Taco Pizza: taco sauce, taco meat, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and Doritos. Sour cream on the side.
Shredded BBQ Pork/beef: Shredded BBQ Pork/beef and cheddar cheese

DW likes veggie pizzas and the new flat bread pizzas, which I have to admit are pretty good as well.

I love me some BBQ chicken pizza with sauteed onions.

Also, a friend recently ordered a pizza with onions and banana peppers. I was drunk but man was it good.

I also love peppers, onions, and sausage. Pepperoni on there too, why not>?

Some of my favorites:
Hawaiian: Sweat and sour sauce, pineapple, Canadian bacon, and mozzarella
BBQ Chicken Pizza: BBQ sauce, chunk Chicken, red onion, Monterey jack and cheddar
Taco Pizza: taco sauce, taco meat, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and Doritos. Sour cream on the side.
Shredded BBQ Pork/beef: Shredded BBQ Pork/beef and cheddar cheese

DW likes veggie pizzas and the new flat bread pizzas, which I have to admit are pretty good as well.

Oh yes my friend. You have seen the light.

Actually, when it comes to pizza I like it traditi:chef:onal with the exception of the crust/bread base as whole wheat and only because I'm diabetic. White flour turns to sugar in your body. Tomato sauce, mozzarella, olive oil dripping off the pizza (very New York pizza), oregano and basil.

My concept/experience of a "white pizza" is a little different from kitchenelf ...

Take a cold pot and add some EVOO, crushed garlic, and a few basil leaves. Bring the pot up to a point where the oil starts to sizzle around the garlic, turn the heat off, put the lid on the pot, and let it sit for about 30 minutes to steep. Strain the solids out of the oil.

Take your pizza dough ... brush or dizzle on the infused EVOO liberally - then top with mozzarella (fresh is best if possible) ... then bake.

I make pizza all the time, they taste better than the ones from the shops.
My favourite is BBQ sauce on the base (I make my own) then add cooked chicken and some Avocado then plenty of cheese. We love our pizzas nice and chunky and filling :D
The oven I put at 200C.

Our favorite pizzas have pepperoni, fresh mushrooms, cheese, and Italian seasoning. We vary it a little sometimes, but that's the norm for us.

White pizza: Sliced tomato, onion, mushrooms, cheese, oregano.

Normal Pizza: Reduced and herbed tomato juice from stewed tomatoes, sliced stewed tomatoes, anything including but not limited to mushrooms, olives, hot cactus, capers, ... then cheese and pepperoni. I'm not a big sausage fan.

Temp? I cook mine in a 12 or 14 inch iron skillet. I use the dough made from one pound of flour. 400 ~ 450, usually 400 f for 10 to 15 uncovered, then 15 to 20 with foil on top. Makes a thick, light crust.

All pizza gets olive oil. In the pan, drizzled over top, and a healthy bead laid around the pans perimeter. Result is a oil crust. If there isn't some oil in the pans bottom (1~2 ts) when I remove the pizza I didn't lay the oil in heavy enough.

I once had a kinda pizza that was made out of portabello mushroom caps breaded and fried, then topped with sun dried tomatoes and shredded leek and mushroom monteray jack cheese and some Italian herbs.
Yum!

Back
Top Bottom