Polish - bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kasia

Senior Cook
In nowdays the food is very unhealthy.
I invited You on the feast.

Let's talk about Home Bread:

HOME BREAD
Components:
* 500 g flour
* ¾ glasse rye flour
* 5 dkg yeast
* flat tablespoon sugar
* 2 or 3 flat spoons salt
* If someone likes you can add a sunflower seed flax or pumpkin, siemie
* as someone like you can add bran e.g.. 4 spoons

Implementation:

Dissolve sugar and yeasts in a glasse of warm water. Add 2 spoons flour. All pour to a bowl and mix it. Next, cover a bowl with a lid and leave this in a warm place to about 1 hour.
In the meantime combine flours and mix with salt - you can now add sunflower, pumpkin, flax, siemie/by liking).

When the yeast shoot up, mix them with flour. Pour some water, to give a mixture of consistency the dough. Next knead on the 10 minutes, if necessary, we add flour or water, so that the dough is not sticky.
Ready the dough again leave in warm place until double shoot up. In the meantime, oil roasting tin and warm up a oven to 200 degrees. The formed dough put into this roasting tin. You can springle the cake with caraway seed, sesame seeds. This dough in the roasting tin put into oven and you must bake about 1 hour. After hour, take it out and you can wet our bread.
Bon appétit.

Welcome!
What do you mean by:
"After hour, take it out and you can wet our bread. "

Something is lost in translation, as that makes even less sense. What are you watering? When I take bread out of the oven, I do NOT water it. Never heard of that, have no idea what you are talking about.
Just wondering...

Something is lost in translation, as that makes even less sense. What are you watering? When I take bread out of the oven, I do NOT water it. Never heard of that, have no idea what you are talking about.
Just wondering...

..but it's true!:chef: According the old Polish Recipe.
My mother and grand-mother made this bread.
In nowdays I've been making too.

Just wondering...

I'm with you and was confused, so I did a little research and found a variety of recipes for Polish Rye Bread that use either water or milk at some point during the baking process (some at the beginning, some near the end) were they wet the bread and sprinkle fennel or sunflower seeds over it. The milk gives it a rich glow, even after it's baked, and water during the baking just makes it crusty.

I think this is what she is talking about - but I may be wrong.

correct

Sorry, but until now I ' ve corrected my recipe for Polish Bread. You can see it on my blog.
chleb3.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom