Polish cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know, but I'm from POland. I wonder if anybody else knows anything about Polish dishes

lidqa said:
I know, but I'm from POland. I wonder if anybody else knows anything about Polish dishes

A few recipes, but not nearly as many I would like. Sadly, Grandma passed away before I took a real interest in cooking, so a lifetime of polish cooking was lost. :(

John

Sure I know a few. Not sure of the names though, haleshka(cabbage and noodles) are a normal fare at our house, mock perogies(potatoe and noodle cassorel), sweet and sour red cabbage. I know more but not the names, great food though.

These are the ones I like and make

Stuffed Cabbage
Stuffed Peppers
Bigos
Keilbasa with Mashed Potatoes and Kraut

lidqa said:

lidqa!
I need your cooking advice!
My dad's parents, named Ryczek were both from Poland, but moved to Chicago before he was born. He has been asking for a particular recipe since I can remember that his mom made. (She died about 35 years ago, so it's been a while).
Anyway, it's a sweet dough pastry, with a sweet cheese filling. I've tried as many Polish recipe boards as I could find, but have had no luck, as I don't know the name. Any help you could give would be so nice! Thanks!!!
jkath :D

jkath,

Do you think the "sweet cheese" filling could be cottage cheese sweetened?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom