Polish soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mayoharp

Assistant Cook
my uncle used to make a polish soup
all i remember it had was some kind of noodles in it
does any one no the name of the soup or have a recipe for it

thanks
mayo

Umm, is it possible be a little more specific (Maybe color, consistency, smell) because there are quite a few, but all usually include either cabbage or the noodles Kluski or even a 'dumpling version' Kluskies.

But, here is a few to pick from.........
Bigos-hunters stew
Kielbasa soup
Krupnik-which i believe is the mushroom barley soup
Zupa ze swiezych grzybow- which is a Polish mushroom soup without the barely
Zurek-Sour rye soup
Borscht
Kapusniak-Kraut soup
Ogorkowa-Cucumber 'sour' soup (dill pickle soup)
Koperkowa-Dill soup
Migdalowa-Almond soup
Barscz-Easter soup
Czarnina-Duck soup
Pasulj-Serbian bean soup
Just to name a few:chef:

polish soup

all i know it was a home made soup. it was not in a can
i know there was no sarakraut or dill. i dont think there was any meat in it. i am going back about 50 years ago. so as far as a kid goes what kind of soup would they eat. i do remember one time getting the polish name and going to a polish store. is there any thing that begins with a p or r. fro some reason that stands out in my mind. my uncle is dead so i cant ask him

thanks
mayoharp

I actually meant did he can it himself - but I think he didn't. I moved this to the Ethnic Forum versus the Canning and Preserving Forum - a lot of people hit the Ethnic forum and may be able to help you.

It's kind of hard to imagine what it may be with out some kind of meat and with the letters you've given, and the only other i can think is Zupa Kartoflana, which is potato soup.

As far as i can remember, most all soups had some kind of meat especially back in the earlier times, swinina was a staple and of which was heavily used in the form of 'salt pork'. (You may remember eating salt pork fried with potatoes? I do, and get looked at funny with MANY of the 'depression foods' i still eat that my dad, uncle, and grandma used to cook when they were here, and make me try.):)

If anything, try to remember what was with the soup and maybe we'll give it a shot that way.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom