Ponzu: how to use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpinmaryland

Sous Chef
I picked up a nice bottle of this the other day and used it to poach fish. Actually I wrapped them in foil along with: Ponzu, wine, butter, ginger, garlic, capers and parsely...I know Ming Tsai used to use this on his show, what other uses for this juice?

I picked up a nice bottle of this the other day and used it to poach fish. Actually I wrapped them in foil along with: Ponzu, wine, butter, ginger, garlic, capers and parsely...I know Ming Tsai used to use this on his show, what other uses for this juice?
I love Ponzu and use it in place of soy sauce in just about any asian style recipe...Not with everything mind you, I just use it with somethings. I love it over just plain white rice..
kadesma

With SUPER WHITE! Sorry, that is the only time I have ever had the stuff and it goes most nicely with this torched seared sushi treat! Like eating a fine steak!

Sounds yum, jp. Will you share your recipe with us? TIA.

How about salmon, scallops, shrimp, chicken, steak, salad - or a dipping sauce. (I have a recipe for Portobello fries. Let me know if your interested.)

A couple of ideas:

Grilled Miso-citrus Scallop Lollipops
Grilled Miso-citrus Scallop Lollipops

Ponzu Salmon
Ponzu Salmon

(Wolfgang's) Garlic-Ponzu Shrimp Salad
Garlic-Ponzu Shrimp Salad

This fish recipe is pretty easy: just wrap up the ingredients along with the fish in the aluminum foil. Salmon, halibut, swordfish, probably anything. Takes about 375 degrees for 20-25 min for e.g. a half pound salmon steak. Dont forget to add scallions to the above list of ingredients. You can add soy for a more oriental flavor. Dill is another possibility.

Thanks for the recipes. Hey what the heck is in POnzu anyhow? I guess its lemon but it's more than that isnt it? Is it lime? I cant tell...

Thanks, jp. There are several links to Ponzu in a google. Now where does one find a yuzu? lol.

This fish recipe is pretty easy: just wrap up the ingredients along with the fish in the aluminum foil. Salmon, halibut, swordfish, probably anything. Takes about 375 degrees for 20-25 min for e.g. a half pound salmon steak. Dont forget to add scallions to the above list of ingredients. You can add soy for a more oriental flavor. Dill is another possibility.

Thanks for the recipes. Hey what the heck is in POnzu anyhow? I guess its lemon but it's more than that isnt it? Is it lime? I cant tell...
Here is a link that will tell you more..I just know it's citrus based.

Ponzu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

kadesma

Ponzu is good as a dipping sauce for shabu shabu (Janapese hot pot). Although I've never thought of using it at home when I make Chinese hot pot. Huh, I'll have to think about using it next time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom