"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > International Cuisines and Ethnic Cookery
Old 07-17-2014, 06:27 PM   #11
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
Originally Posted by powerplantop View Post
Some Mexican (but not all) markets have it. It is possible to order it online but shipping is expensive.
I'll check the Goya end at Wal-mart, it's very possible that's where I saw them.

PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote

chiles, hominy, pork butt, recipe

Pozole Rojo [IMG]http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z467/powerplantop/Pazole_zpsbac5a965.jpg[/IMG] Rinse 16oz White Hominy Corn (Maiz Trillado Blanco) then soak overnight. Bring 4 pounds of pig feet (plus any extra pork bones that you have) to a boil and boil for 20 minutes. Dump out the water. Wash the bones and pot. Return the clean bones to pot cover with water add 1/2 onion, 7 large cloves garlic and 2 bay leaves. Cook on a slow boil for 4 hours. Rinse the hominy add to a pot and cover with pork stock. Cook 2 hours. Wash 10 Guajillo, 2 California and 1 Pasilla chiles. Remove the stems, seeds and veins. Rise then cover with water, bring to a boil and let sit off the heat for 1/2 hour. Blend with 2 cups of stock and a pinch of salt. After the hominy has cooked add 1.5 pound of diced pork and chile mixture. Add salt to taste I added a total of 1.5 Tablespoons. Continue to cook until pork is done. Serve with your choice of shredded cabbage, shredded lettuce, diced onion, limes, oregano, avocado. [url=http://youtu.be/PPMChZ9QMjU]Pozole Rojo with Pork Recipe / Pozole Rojo de Puerco - YouTube[/url] 3 stars 1 reviews