Prawns with Pastis Valentine's Starter
Prawns with Pastis ( Serves 2 )
3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil ( Hojiblanca or Abrequina )
16 large fresh prawns or shrimp in their shells
3 garlic cloves minced
1 handful of fennel seeds
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons Pastis Licor
1) Put a large heavy sartén over a medium flame / heat
2) Place the extra virgin olive oil in the sartén
3) When the sartén is about to sizzle, add the prawns, the fennel seeds and the garlic minced into the pan
4) Cook for 5 to 7 minutes stirring constantly
5) The prawns shall be ready when deep rosey coralish pink
6) Now, Take the Pastis and cook for another minute, as the alcohol has burnt off, serve right away.
7) Serve with crusty bread, a chilled white Prosecco or Champagne of Cava, or White Californian Sparkling Wine.