REC - Szechwan Beef Stir Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
I have used regular sesame oil for this recipe. The only change is that the sesame flavor is not as intense. Since I hate baby corn:sick: I omit that ingredient.

Szechwan Beef Stir Fry

1 lb. beef flank steak
2 tbsp. soy sauce
4 tsp. dark roasted sesame oil
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. cornstarch
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper pods
1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 package (8oz.) frozen baby corn, defrosted
1/4 lb. snow peas, julienned

Cut beef steak lengthwise into 2 strips; slice across the grain into 1/8-inch thick strips. Combine soy sauce, 2 tsp. sesame oil, sugar, and cornstarch; stir into strips. Heat remaining 2 tsp. of sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, and pepper pods and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add bell pepper and corn; stir fry for 1 1/2 minutes. Add snow peas and stir fry for 30 seconds. Remove vegetables from skillet. Stir fry beef strips in two batches for 2-3 minutes. Return vegetables and beef to skillet and heat through. Makes 4 servings.

Thank you, GB.
I have some venison tenderloin...am thinking it might be good like this. We grilled a couple of the prettiest ones like we would a beef tenderloin, and ate them sliced thin, and rare inside. They were delicious, but fixed that way they do taste like venison rather than beef.
HB and son brought home 350 lbs. of venison last fall, so I'm using it to replace beef as much as possible, as beef is hard my my arthritis.We eat mostly young does, who feed from our local farmers corn and soybeans.

Back
Top Bottom