Saag Aloo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike1958

Assistant Cook
I have lots of potatoes, onions and spinach from my vegetable garden. Would like to make Saag Aloo if someone could post or recommend a recipe.

Thanks

Mike

I have lots of potatoes, onions and spinach from my vegetable garden. Would like to make Saag Aloo if someone could post or recommend a recipe.

Thanks

Mike

Wish I could help, but that is not a Texas thing. I don't even know what Saag Aloo is. Good luck!

CD

Saag Aloo - as far as I understand it is an Indian dish using Spinach (Saag) and Potatoes (Aloo). Perfectly happy to be corrected.

Mike

One of my favorite Indian dishes..I would keep it simple..There are two versions..one with gravy, and a dry one..you should google and do a bit of research to see which one looks best for you..

One vote for the gravy aloo! (I think he played SS for the Yankees once).

Although, the dry is nice if you have other saucy dishes.

None of them named Roch, of course... :cool:

Either one. Nevermind. :wacko:

One vote for the gravy aloo! (I think he played SS for the Yankees once).

Although, the dry is nice if you have other saucy dishes.

None of them named Roch, of course... :cool:

Either one. Nevermind. :wacko:

So, if you have a date with a "saucy dish," you should go with dry aloo? :huh: :angel:

CD

One of my favorite Indian dishes..I would keep it simple..There are two versions..one with gravy, and a dry one..you should google and do a bit of research to see which one looks best for you..

I haven't got the recipe with me (I've still got a load of books in the storage locker) but my friend's Indian mother makes the "dry" version as an accompaniment to the main dish. Very yummy.

Back
Top Bottom