Sesame noodles - How'd I do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
Saw a blog for sesame noodles. It calls for "Chinese Noodles". I also looked around at other Sesame noodle blogs and noticed sometimes the recipe list says egg noodles.

I bought a package called "chinese plain noodles".

I hope I bought the right thing here?

Here is blog:

Dragon Lady Kitchen blog: SESAME NOODLES

The chinese plain noodles I bought will have to suffice than. I bought 2 "8 ounce" bags. LOL

Ive been to restaurants where they use the typical chinese noodles and others where they used linguini and both were very good. Personally, I prefer the texture of the chinese noodles for this dish , but from a taste point of view , i dont think either will make or break the recipe

If you're buying spaghetti or other "italian" style noodles for the dish, just cook it 'til softer than al dente. The Chinese prefer a softer noodle for the dish than the Italians. Works fine.

Hi Legend....
I just made Dragon Lady's recipe with a one pound box of thin spaghetti and it turned out great. Her proportions and method seemed to be right on the money.....very easy and tasty.
I doubled up on the toasted seeds and green onions though, and it will be great for a hot night dinner. Thanks for the post.

Hi Legend....
I just made Dragon Lady's recipe with a one pound box of thin spaghetti and it turned out great. Her proportions and method seemed to be right on the money.....very easy and tasty.
I doubled up on the toasted seeds and green onions though, and it will be great for a hot night dinner. Thanks for the post.

I made it too, but the two 8 oz bags of chinese noodles I bought was a LOT and for some reason it didn't taste as strong as some sesame noodles i had at a function not too long ago. I made a little more of the dressing and poured it on to hopefully get it to be stronger. For some reason 1 pound of chinese noodles looks like more than a 1 pound of spagetti, but I could be wrong.

I also made her recipe for mini pork spareribs braised in black bean sauce. yummy!!, I only ate one though because I cooked it for a camping trip.

If you like whole wheat pasta ( I don't) I'm sure it would work Kathleen.........gosh it was tasty on this hot night. I think her method in a 9x13 pan was very helpful.

If I make it, I'll report back. From the recipe, I just thought it would taste good with whole wheat...and...I just happen to have a box in the cupboard. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom