shop online for true Mexican ingredients!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But look for a local grocer first. Even here .... Galena, IL; very small town in the midwest. I've travelled the country in a truck, and Mexican labor is there, in every place we go. Look for the little grocer who caters to them. You'll be amazed. In your regular grocery, you'll find the Americanized, fast food type mex (nothing wrong with that). Look for the candles in glasses with religious overtones. Right near them will be the "real" Mexican foods. One huge improvement on life on the road (my entire life!!) is that if you really look for it, you can get good Mexican food in almost every town in the country now!!!

Claire said:
Look for the candles in glasses with religious overtones. Right near them will be the "real" Mexican foods.

These are found right as you come in the door at my local Safeway. I've noticed all the grocery stores around here have expanded their "ethnic" offerings. However, the area around Our Nation's Capital attracts people from all over the world for various reasons, so it shouldn't be a surprise. Still looking for those canned tomatoes ironchef recommended, though.

Back
Top Bottom