Buonasera, Good Afternoon,
Does anyone ever prepare a Zabaglione ?
Vin Santo is a sweet Italian Dessert Wine and some USA exported brands are: Antinori, Avignonesi, and Barbi. However, one can prepare this simple dessert with Sicilian Marsala, Portuguese Madeira, or Spanish sweet Sherry called Oloroso. This eloquent dessert can be served in large Stemware and / or large Martini Glasses.
Here is my paternal Grandmom Margherite´s recipe:
5 egg yolks
3 tblsps. sugar
1/3 cup Marsala or Vin Santo
1. With an electric mixer or whisk, beat the yolks and sugar in a large metal bowl until the mixture is pale and thick.
2. set the bowl over a sauce pan of simmering water.
3. gradually combine and whisk in the wine.
4. continue whisking until foamy and tripled in volume, about 4 to 5 mins.
5. spoon the warm zabaglione into goblets and serve with Biscotti.
*** My biscotti recipe is in the Dessert Cookie Section.
Have a lovely evening,
Ciao, Margaux Cintrano.