Singapore Fried Egg Noodles
This is one of DH's favourites. With fresh lettuce and carrot in season, I decided to cook this dish for lunch. For those who are great fans of noodles, here is my recipe:
SINGAPORE FRIED NOODLES
1 packet (200gm) dried egg noodles
150gm (5oz) peeled prawns
150gm (5oz) chicken fillet - sliced thinly
1 carrot - shredded
1 onion - sliced lengthwise
2 cloves garlic - chopped
1 bunch lettuce - shredded
2 eggs - lightly beaten with a pinch of salt
1 tsp sesame oil
3-4 tbsps light soya sauce
1 litre (5 cups) water
1. Boil water in a saucepan and when boil, add noodles. Boil for 5-7 minutes or till noodles separate. Immerse in cold water and drain in a colander.
2. Heat a little oil in wok/deep frying pan and scramble eggs. Remove to a dish.
3. In the same wok, add 4 tbsps oil and fry garlic till light brown. Add chicken slices, prawns and stir-fry for 1 minute.
4. Add onion, carrot, noodles and eggs and toss well. Add soya sauce, pepper and sesame oil and continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes.
5. Remove noodles to a large serving plate and garnish with shredded lettuce.
Note: If bean sprouts are available, you can add 1 cup to the dish. You can also replace chicken with roast pork or leftover turkey.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating!