Stir-fry potato stick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaixin

Cook
Stir-fry potato stick
(vegetable side dish)

Ingredients: 1 large potato, half a medium sized carrot.

Seasoning: 1 desertspoon of oil, 1 piece of ginger, a little salt, 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar.

Preparation: Peel the potato and chop into long fine sticks (approx ¼ the size of a McDonalds French Fry), chop the carrot into long fine sticks also.

Cooking: Heat the wok, put oil in, put potato and carrot in, stir-fry for 1 minute, put vinegar in, stir-fry for 3 minutes, put salt in, stir-fry for 1 minute. Take out and put onto to a plate. Hao Chi.

:cool:

Stir-fry potato stick
(vegetable side dish)

Hao Chi.

Xiaosui, one of my all-time favorite dishes is my grandmother's stir-fry potato sticks. She taught me to do it a little differently. Instead of carrots, I julienne chicken breast (my grandmother used pork). Also slice some green onions to about 1/4 inch thick on the biase. Heat up oil, cook the chicken until done and remove. Put the potato sticks, 1/4 cup of soy sauce (more or less depending on the amount of potatoes), and 1 minced garlic toe in the hot wok and cook until the potato sticks just starting to get the "cooked" color and put the chicken and green onions and stir together well. Serve hot with rice.

Another variation that my mom made is to add a bit of chili flakes. I love it both ways. Hao hao chi!

xie xie

Yes, you can either make it a simple side dish or build it up into a main dish. Your grandmother's recipe sounds delicious. My son would like the chilli. He is teaching my husband to like chilli.

My husband with a hot chilli dish :(

zai jian

xiaosui

Back
Top Bottom