Sweet And Sour Pork Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerplantop

Executive Chef
2 Pounds Pork cut into strips
1 20oz can of Pineapple chunks.
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
Oil for Frying

Batter

1/2 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
2 Egg Whites
1/2 Cup Water

Sauce

1 Cup Pineapple Juice / Water (add water to the juice to make 1 cup)
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Honey
1/4 Cup Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Soy sauce
1 Carrot thinly sliced
1 small Red Bell Pepper sliced
1 medium Onion sliced
Pineapple Chunks
1 Tablespoon Oil
Thickening slurry
1 Tablespoons Water
1 Tablespoons Corn Starch

Make sauce: Slightly soften onion, pepper and carrot in oil. Add other sauce ingredients.

Prepare pork: Add soy sauce to pork then add batter.

Fry pork in small batches in oil at 330F to 350F to add a little color. After all pork has had a first fry increase oil temp to 375F and fry the pork again in larger batches to get a nice brown color.

Bring sauce to a boil and add Slurry to thicken the sauce. Pour sauce over pork and serve.

Sweet and Sour Pork by powerplantop, on Flickr

I was so disappointed the last time i ordered SS chicken from my favorite take out place. Their spicy foods are perfect --hot and spicey. They drowned my chicken in an ersatz red colored sugar syrup. tsk tsk.

I used to have a good recipe. Don't know where it is, 3x5 card probably inserted inside a cookbook as a bookmark someplace. Lot of good that is. heheh. I think I better copy yet another of your good recipes.

I too have ordered ss pork and didn't like how gigantic each piece of meat, vegetable and fruit was, but that's the style in a lot of restaurants.

I like how simple the ingredients in your recipe are, nothing requiring going to a foreign foods market. :yum:

Last edited:
Your recipes are always fantabulous and like the others, I'm never happy with SS pork. I bet your twice fried meat the secret, and I can't wait to try it.
Thanks once again.

Last edited:
Your recipes are always fantabulous and like the others, I'm never happy with SS pork. I bet your twice fried meat the secret, and I can't wait to try it.
Thanks once again.

Thank you for the nice words. I do hope that you are happy with how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom