Taco Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MochaBean04

Senior Cook
here i am again. .lol im always looking for recipes. ok i was watchin the food network and i feel dumb but i dont remember who made this. . lol but it was a taco salad with beef and beans and olives, i think onions and i believe the dressing was french dressing. i only caught a bit of the show so its kinda choppy to me what went in this taco salad. if anyone has any idea what this is or what goes into it please help. you guys are awesome at helping figure this stuff out. . lol thanks in advance

melissa

Hey Mochabean - nice to have you back!
I didn't see it, but I'm sure someone here did...
as for the dressing - I've never seen it with french, but we use catalina mixed with sour cream pretty often for ours.

Here's what I can come up with:
layer in this order:
Lettuce, meat (hamburger cooked with taco seasoning), refried beans, chopped tomatoes, black olive slices, cheddar cheese, monterey jack or pepper jack cheese, avocado cubes, then top with catalina mixed with sour cream and then green onion slices and fritos on the top.

thank you so much! Thats it exactly. I love cooking but im horrible at trying to figure stuff out. lol im in school for culinary and i still dont want to test stuff out.. im gonna have to sooner or later. .lol Thanks again! you are an awesome help to me :)

Melissa

Of course, Mocha, now you have made me crave it like crazy! Aaaah!:ohmy:
Guess what I'll be making for dinner this weekend?:rolleyes:

I make this the same way but I use Ranch dressing mixed with a good, spicy salsa. You can use corn tortilla chips or make a flour tortilla shell to put the salad in.

Back
Top Bottom