10-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Join Date: Jan 2009
Enjoy the recipe!
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup finely slivered onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 pounds mussels, cleaned
- 1 can (14 ounce) coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered basil leaves
- In a 5 qt. pan bring wine, garlic and onion to a boil. Add mussels, cover and cook over medium heat until shells open. Discard any that do not open.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan mix coconut milk with remaining ingredients. Make sure the ingredients are mixed well. Add basil to the coconut mixture, heat just until it simmers.
- Add mussels to 4 individual bowls. Ladle coconut mixture over each portion.