"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > International Cuisines and Ethnic Cookery
Old 07-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #11
Assistant Cook
Originally Posted by Zagut View Post
This would be really helpful for those of us who are drooling over these sausages and are interested in Thai cuisine.

Nice pictures. But they make me hungry.

When you say "Let Dry", Please go a bit further as to the process and ingredients. You didn't mention any salts ,acids, or temperatures involved and I would be concerned about food safety aspect with the drying of raw meats.
Let dry in room temperature for one day and then put in refrigerator or grill immediately! If not eaten within three days, I would suggest to freeze it.

Sourdoughsweetgirl where I learn the basics and talk about my experiences.
sourdoughsweetgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:02 AM   #12
Wine Guy
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
Thanks for that Steve. I will be picking up a Kaffir lime tree in the next few days. No more frozen leaves. Now if I could find fresh galangal.
Our local Thai market sells fresh galangal, as well as fresh kaffir leaves. Or at least they do during the warmer months. I'd be surprised if you couldn't find them there.

Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:28 AM   #13
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
Our local Thai market sells fresh galangal, as well as fresh kaffir leaves. Or at least they do during the warmer months. I'd be surprised if you couldn't find them there.
We don't have a Thai specific market and the local Asians only carry frozen. Bummer.

Emeralds are real Gems! C. caninus & C. Batesii.
CraigC is online now   Reply With Quote

recipe, sage, sausage

Thai sausages, Isaan-style (ไส้กรอกอีสาน) Me and my mom made some Thai sausages, Isaan-style. Isaan is a region in northeastern Thailand with different food and dialect, and that's where we come from. Unfortunately I don't have the exact ratios (seriously I've never seen anyone Thai use exact measurements when cooking) but in these sausages we had garlic, porkbelly and already cooked rice. Just mix, stuff the sausages and let dry! These smell really good and taste the best when grilled. I don't have a picture of them cooked, but just google "ไส้กรอกอีสาน" and you'll find it! [IMG]https://sourdoughsweetgirl.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/33.png[/IMG] [IMG]https://sourdoughsweetgirl.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/42.png[/IMG] [IMG]https://sourdoughsweetgirl.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/14.png[/IMG] 3 stars 1 reviews