The "How To" Sushi Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
geez, timothy. i was only asking a question expecting a layman's answer. you could have just said that it's inspected by the government. i was hoping that you knew how it was inspected. silly me.

the reason i was asking was that i've seen a number of fisherman eat their catch raw right off their hook calling it sashimi, and i thought that might be a risky thing to do.

i won't darken your thread again.

Last edited:
geez, timothy. i was only asking a question expecting a layman's answer. you could have just said that it's inspected by the government. i was hoping that you knew how it was inspected. silly me.

the reason i was asking was that i've seen a number of fisherman eat their catch raw right off their hook calling it sashimi, and i thought that might be a risky thing to do.

i won't darken your thread again.

See? This is exactly why I don't want to get into this type of discussion.

You ask about legal stuff involving sushi, I insist on NOT becoming involved in what ALWAYS turns out to be a peeing contest on forums and now you've felt insulted because I won't discuss that with you.

The short version of what you're looking for is; there are signs in every restaurant I've gone in that say; "There are health risks in eating underdone or raw foods. You accept the risk by eating them...yada yada yada...."

If someone were to eat raw fish from anywhere, they automatically accept the risks involved. Many types of fish are known to have parasites and have a history of parasitic infections to humans when not processed through a freezer at the proper temps and timings.

Eating raw fish that has not been frozen at Minus 4 degrees fahenheit for a minimum of 7 days has a risk of being infected by parasites.

I'm sorry man, but I've already been there and done that with the arguments over legalities of sushi.

It's why I won't get involved with a discussion of that nature in a thread clearly titled to discuss the "How to" of sushi making.

Past arguments got heated, rude, angering, frustrating, idiotic and pointless.

I'm simply NOT doing it again.

Your question is innocent. Then my answer is innocent. THEN, someone else with a chip on thier shoulder gets in and starts an argument about the legalities being discussed.

I'm just not going there. Been there, done that. It's pointless.

My intention was not to insult you. It was only to make it clear that I won't get involved again in any type of legal argument or discussion about sushi.

I'm sorry you felt insulted.

That's a great idea. I think I'll ditch the sushi chef apprentice I've kept for the past seven years doing nothing but waving a giant paper fan while I scowl, "evaporation too fast, rice drying," and draw "cryptic magical glyphs" in the rice with my spatula...

It worked better than I had hoped. By simply raising or lowering the fan, standing closer to it or further away, it's easy to "adjust" the amount of air that is hitting the rice while you raise and sprinkle it back into the container.

The fan clips right to my cupboard door handle and plugs in on the counter.

Now what's your apprentice going to do?

Now what's your apprentice going to do?

I'm sure you know I was joking. I don't have an apprentice. He left me to devote to studying his true passion - to become a ninja assassin. Sorry, joking again.

To cool and season my rice, I use giant plastic potluck tupperware and folded newspaper. But, I do have great rice spatulas.

The thread title is not clear. It simply says, "How to....." I apologize if my first contributions were off topic, "....... eat it at a restaurant." Even so, it's okay maybe even good to let discussions veer off-topic, and then come back.

This is a good thread.

I'm sure you know I was joking. I don't have an apprentice. He left me to devote to studying his true passion - to become a ninja assassin. Sorry, joking again.

To cool and season my rice, I use giant plastic potluck tupperware and folded newspaper. But, I do have great rice spatulas.

The thread title is not clear. It simply says, "How to....." I apologize if my first contributions were off topic, "....... eat it at a restaurant." Even so, it's okay maybe even good to let discussions veer off-topic, and then come back.

This is a good thread.

Dang, I was going to hire your apprentice. Get him to make pickled veggies for me.

This is a good thread.

No big deal to me spork. I'll go along with the flow. The topic can go to whatever it goes to. I'm just along for the ride.

Back
Top Bottom