Hi Everybody !
Who's ever heard about "Quiche Lorraine" ?
If not, don't worry everyone, i'm gonna give you the authentic recipe
If yes, you won't resist to this "must do" recipe
1st of all, to break the myth of quiche lorraine, THERE IS NO CHEESE
(believe me i'm 100% lorraine)
How to make the dough ?
- 300 g of flour
- 150 g of butter (soft)
- 1/2 tbs of salt
- 8 cl of water
(Don't hesitate to convert on this website : Cup to Gram Conversions
Mix the flour and the salt / add the soft butter / mix / finally, add the water /
Spread your dough on a pie plate (add more water if the dough breaks or flour if it's too sticky)
What to put in my Quiche ?
- 200 g of lardons (small pieces of bacon)
- 4 eggs
- 3 big spoons of crème fraîche (sour cream)
- salt & pepper
* Fry up the bacon
* Break 2 eggs in a bowl / Mix them with the sour cream / Add salt & pepper / Break the 2 other eggs and separate the yolks from the whites into different bowls / Add the yolks in your previous mix / Beat the 2 whites until they became snowy / Add them delicately to your previous mix / Mix it all delicately with a wooden spatula
* After poking your dough with a fork, add the bacon, and finally your eggs /cream mix
How long should I bake my quiche ?
- Put it in the oven at 350° for 45-50 minutes
It must be golden and ready to serve with greens and a french wine