TNT "Breezy White Chili"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
I've been experimenting with "white" chilis quite a bit, but this one I put together last night really came out a winner. Husband scraped his bowl clean & wished he had more room to take care of the leftovers - lol!!! Enjoy!

Breezy White Chili

Serves 2 (with leftovers) to 3, but recipe can easily be doubled & then some!

1 can Great Northern White Beans or Cannellini (white kidney beans), undrained
A couple of splashes of chicken broth (I use Swanson’s in the carton)
1 package (about a pound or so) boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite-size pieces)
1 small onion of choice - chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
Approx. 1 tablespoon ground cumin

Approx. 1 tablespoon ground coriander
Approx. 1 tablespoon mild to medium chili powder
1 small can (4 oz.) chopped green chilis

1 fresh Jalapeno pepper, seeded & choppped
Ground Cayenne pepper to taste (optional, depending on 'how much heat' you like)
Approx. ¼-1/2 cup fresh Cilantro leaves, chopped

Approx. 1 cup of sour cream
Approx. 2 cups grated sharp white cheddar cheese
Dollop or 2 of extra-virgin olive oil

Roughly chopped romaine lettuce

In a large skillet heat a couple of dollops of olive oil & sauté the onion & Jalapeno pepper until softened but not browned. Add garlic & chicken & continue sautéing until chicken is cooked thru. Add a couple of splashes of chicken broth, cumin, coriander, & cayenne (if using). Stir, lower heat, & allow to simmer until mixture is just about at the thickness you like (some folks like their chili thin; some thick). Stir in sour cream & chopped Cilantro & heat thru (don’t allow to boil).

Place some of the grated cheese in the bottom of each chili serving bowl & spoon hot chili over. Top with more cheese, the chopped Romaine lettuce, & serve.

(Edited to add the chili powder!!! Geesh - it's a good thing I'm not a cookbook author - lol!!!)

Last edited:
Hey Breezy, this sounds great! I have a spice that I add to mine that makes it really yummy. I have to dash but will post back later.

I edited the above to include the tablespoon or so of mild/medium chili powder I left out. Good grief - what a scatterbrain I am - lol!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom