TNT Grandma's Flatbread (Scandinavian)
My grandmother always had a tin of this in the cupboard at Christmas time. We ate it plain--you can butter it.
1 pint whipping cream (not whipped)
1/3 c granulated sugar
2 tsp melted lard (must use lard)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 c graham flour (you can get this at health food stores)
3-1/2 - 4 c AP flour
1. Mix ingredients in the order given.
2. Roll out on floured pastry cloth--mine has red markings on it.
3. Roll in a large square. The secret is you have to be able to read the markings on the pastry cloth through the dough--then it is thin enough.
4. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Prick with a fork.
5. Bake at 350-375 (depends on the oven) until crisp (about 3-4 minutes, you don't want them brown, you want them crisp).
6. Cool on a rack and break into pieces about 4" x 4".
7. Store in airtight container.