What kind of Indian dishes do you like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the kind of Indian food that someone else fixes! :LOL:

I have to go along with this ... Since there are no Indian restaurants anywhere near here, I often settle for Patak's or Kitchens of India. Since my Pakistani friend likes it, I assume it can't be too bad! i wish I could get black pepper pappadams around here. I'll have to try Amazon, I've found some of the Patak's hot lime pickles there.

That was probably palak paneer. Palak for spinach and paneer for cheese. Indian paneer does have a soft tofu-like texture. It's a very mild fresh cheese.

Yes, that's the one. I don't hate it, just isn't my favorite thing.

I very much like Sag Goshth, "meat curry in a rich, melt in the mouth, creamy spinach puree," a quote from my source cookbook, Curries Without Worries by Sudha Koul.
Thanks for the reference, tinlizzie.

I just ordered that book at Amazon for a total of $9, including shipping. I love curries. I mean....I *really, really* love curries! This will be a well used addition to my cookbook collection!

I hope you'll share with us, when you get your book, which dish you chose and how it turned out.

I sure will share my favorites from that book! I can't wait until it gets here!

The book got here today! That will be my bed-time reading tonight! Thanks again for letting me know about it!

The book got here today! That will be my bed-time reading tonight! Thanks again for letting me know about it!

I do hope it suits you and that it isn't too "beginner" for you. It was my first Indian food cookbook; I found it at a yard sale years ago - serendipity.

I do hope it suits you and that it isn't too "beginner" for you. It was my first Indian food cookbook; I found it at a yard sale years ago - serendipity.

After looking through the book last evening and some more this morning, I saw many recipes I'll make "as is" and many more that I'll modify to my own personal tastes. It's a wonderful cook book! Thanks again tinlizzie! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom