What to do with TJ's spinach simmer sauce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpinmaryland

Sous Chef
THis is an indian sauce I picked up at trader joes. I am thinking of doing something like a casserole using sautee'd onions, maybe carrots, cooked rice and say canned chicken along with the simmer sauce.

I have had good luck using those indian sauces sold in supermarkets, e.g. the vindaloo sauce and biryani sauce and the cilantro/lemon sauce. I forget the brand name.

Just looking for ideas for the spinach sauce..

I use this sauce all the time. I cook some diced chicken and then pour the sauce in. I add a few handfuls of frozen veggies and slap a lid on until the veggies are done. Serve over rice.

It's funny, I bought a jar of this last month, came home and my wife is making spaghetti and meatballs..She discovers at the last minute she has no sphagetti sauce and pulls out the jar of spinach sauce I just brought home. Heats it and pours that over the sphagetti and meat. Probably not the best recipe ever made on the fly. So now Ive been waiting a month to try out this sauce...

What would you recommend in the way of spices to juice this up? E.g. fresh ginger? or mustard seeds? or what? my daughter is not too into spicy things, she's only 5 1/2 so..

I use TJ's Indian spinach simmer sauce all the time. I usually saute up a package of boneless skinless chicken (breasts or tenders) cut into bite-size pieces, & add more veggies - extra spinach, cooked cubed potatoes - whatever I have on hand. I usually also tweak it with a a few more spices. Serve with yogurt raita & pita bread. Delicious.

I did it with cooked rice, sautee'd onions, peas, and skinless chicken cut up. I hesistated to use tomatoes or tomato sauce as I wondered if this would clash with the spinach sauce?

ALso added some Garam Masala and fresh ginger. The garam I dont think would mess it up as the sauce seems pretty mellow. I hesistated to use curry powder and/or mustard. Perhaps garlic would have been useful.

It was okay today, it may taste a lot better tomorrow. What do you think about the spice/herb combinations?

Back
Top Bottom