What's your favorite non-American food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What's your favorite non-American food?

• French

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italian

• German

• British

• Asian

• Total voters
Hello everyone

I just joined this forum. I love to cook and try new recipes.

Being Indian I love indian food (more from northindia) as in India itself we have so many different types of food depending onthe region.

Next comes
Italian

Mexican

ND

Hi ND! Glad you could join us!

lmkbubblfsh.gif

velochic,

Do you have a recipe for home-made enchalada sauce?, I have no idea how it's made. I usually use the Old Elpaso.

Tweedee - sorry I didn't get back here sooner... we were visiting the in-laws in Istanbul.

Easy Scratch Enchilada Sauce

2 T. vegetable oil
2 T. AP flour
2 T. chili powder
1/2 t. cumin
8 oz. canned tomato puree
2 c. water
1 t. salt
1/4 t. garlic powder (I usually use a bit more)

Heat oil in saucepan. Stir in flour and chili powder. Cook for a couple of minutes. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes or until sauce is desired consistency.

Enjoy!

Edited to add: I have a more complicated "Mexican" recipe that has chocolate in it, but I like this one the best. If you want the other one, just let me know.

Wow, so hard to pick just one.

Spanish is my fave but it's not on the list. I guess it just depends on my mood and it's always changes.

I want to echo what has been said up thread. Indian food is REALLY good and it's not all hot. There are many mild dishes and I urge people to give it a try :)

I don't beleive their is any such thing as a non-American food. We have such a wonderful cultural diversity that nearly any kind of food can be found in this nation. As for my favorite ethnic food, I couldn't even begin to start as every culture I've encountered has things extraordinary and unique. :D

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom